I have finally totally succumbed to whatever has been floating around and causing my children (and husband) to be sick. I’m on the edge of being REALLY sick, so I keep thinking “I can do something.” but deep down I know if I tried, I would wind up worse than I am right now, so I am currently sitting in bed with a STILL coughing Sophia, watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. I’m lucky, today is Bill’s off Friday so he was able to take Olivia to preschool. I decided to at least be bloggy productive and give you some bits of random that are floating in my head.
- Olivia had Pajama day today. She couldn’t stop laughing at the idea of going to school in her pajamas. She kept telling me “Okay, so on Friday, all we do is wake up, and go to school. I don’t need to pick out my clothes the night before, because I’m just going to wear my pajamas! Isn’t that FUNNY mama?”
- I’m contemplating re-doing my week 7 of P90X since the only FULL day I did was Tuesday (I had company come earlier than expected on Monday, so I only got half of the workout done). While this will push my “final day” to the week after my 30th birthday, the reality is I am probably going to need another 90 days to get close to where I want to be. I still don’t know.
- My new blog is not going to be unveiled on the 19th unless a miracle happens between now and midnight. I’m hoping for a beginning of March start date. I’m a horrible procrastinator who got hit with really sick kids and didn’t have time to work on it fully. Plus I really want to wait until the super adorable title artwork my BFF since high school is working on. She’s really talented and I WILL NOT RUSH her awesomeness. Plus, it’s my fault for waiting so long to ask if any of my arty friends wanted to work on it in exchange for baked goods or future photography work. I’m all about the bartering. I described what I wanted, and I saw a work-up and really love it. It’s quirky and cute, exactly what I am looking for.
- I decided I was watching way too much “serious” TV (specifically Grey’s Anatomy) in a row (I can watch nonstop! It’s instant on Netflix!) and it was triggering some stuff and causing me to be a little moody. So, I’m going to back off this weekend and watch happy tv. It sounds very silly to some people, I’m sure. I have always watched movies or TV and had a hard time stepping away from it mentally. It always resonates with me for days, which is why I can’t watch certain types of movies anymore. I live it, see it, and obsess over it and the what ifs. I have been described as extremely empathetic by my therapists. It’s a blessing and a curse. Sure, it’s great to have empathy for people, but I used to cry for days over commercials and make-up scenarios in my head of how I would live my life if I were in the situation I had seen in a movie. I am extremely involved in people’s problems and issues because I feel them and want to help so they no longer hurt. I’m working on it.
- Sophia melted me last night at dinner. She started singing “I love you mommy, I love you mommy, mommy love, mommy love, I love her so muchhhhhh, I love her to the MOOOOOON and BACCCKKKK!” Seriously kid? I want 100 of you when you act like that.
- Sophia gave Olivia a hug and I said “aww, that’s so sweet.” so she said “hey mama, watch this, this is EVEN BETTER!” And grabbed Olivia, hugged and kissed her. Seriously. It’s hard to remember the bad days when they do this stuff.
- I took a lot of pictures of the Camellias the other day, and didn’t use a nary one for my P365, since it was “Sophia’s Day” (the 16th) I used a picture of her feet. So, I thought I would share them with you now. They made me feel better.