This was the start of Phase 2. The only change was my Wednesdays. Instead of Shoulders/Arms it was Chest, Shoulders & Triceps.
Day 29 (Monday): I was sick. So sick. I did nothing. Since I practically ate nothing, I don’t feel very guilty about it.
Day 30 (Tuesday): Okay, maybe I felt slightly guilty, as I really did everything I could to maximize my Cardio workout today.
Day 31 (Wednesday): Today’s workout was totally different than my previous Wednesday workout. I must admit, I am not a fan of this one, as there are SO MANY PUSH-UPS. I hate push-ups. Seriously hate them. Give me all the bicep curls, tricep extensions, upright rows you want, but push-ups suck. And these were brutal. I did most of them on my knees, not even able to complete all the reps. It felt like my first week again, as I had to sit and watch a lot, because I had never seen some of these exercises. But I did attempt every one. I did not do Ab Ripper X, as I was exhausted at the end.
Day 32 (Thursday): It’s unfortunate that this yoga workout is so long, because I dread it. It is actually not all that bad after the first 45-50 minutes. After that, I enjoy the stretching, even the Yoga Belly X. I’m still not able to do Crane, nor can I keep form in the side arm balance, or the half moon (among others).
Day 33 (Friday): I was 100% on today. I did every single exercise, except for the Single Leg Wall extension. I just couldn’t accomplish that one. I was at top intensity and by the end, covered in sweat and unable to think straight, nor able to do the Ab Ripper X. I just couldn’t fathom another 15 minutes after my hour was done.
Day 34 (Saturday): I didn’t want to work out today, but I did, and the hour went by so quickly. I always seem to forget how much fun Kenpo X is, and how quickly the time passes. I punched and kicked and felt my coordination was definitely improving. Covered in sweat by the end, I felt great. Sore, but great.
Day 35 (Sunday): My butt hurts. All the lunging on Friday must have done something, because I’m still feeling it. I’m also resting, because I feel I deserve it. Even if I did miss Monday’s workout.
Here are a few things I feel will help make my workout better after Week 5:
- I’m going to attempt to stop eating/snacking later at night. Even if I am snacking on healthier things and well within my calorie range, it’s probably not smart to eat right before bed.
- I really need to get better about tracking my calories. Being sick this past week derailed me, and I know I was pretty good, but having solid numbers is good for me, so I have some accountability and a way to track and show someone what I’m doing if the need to see a nutritionist arises.
- I am going to attempt either doing Ab Ripper X BEFORE the start of my 1 hour workout, or make a better attempt to do it after. I just don’t have the energy to get it done after the hour is over, but I know that I need to work on my abdominal muscles, since, hello? Two babies. Also, I carry my weight in my stomach, and while I know you can’t “spot train” (or so I’ve been told) maybe strengthening those muscles will help to shed some of the fat there. I just know I need to make a better effort at getting that workout in, so either find an untapped energy source or do the ab workout first. I’m still deciding.
Notes for Week 5:
- I lost half a pound. Woohoo! Although, at this rate, I will not see my goal by my 30th, but I am trying to remain upbeat.
- I shouldn’t get hung up on numbers. But it is very hard, when you feel you are putting all of this work and effort into something and you are seeing no return on your investment. Frustrating.
- I took photos on Day 30. I had Bill take them this time, so they weren’t in the mirror, and you can’t really see a difference. Hopefully on Day 60 (next picture set) I will see a difference.
- Measurements will be done next week. Maybe we will see a bigger difference there.
- The start of Phase 2 made me feel like it was Week 1 again, as I was fighting the urge to puke. Was it because of my illness on Monday? Or because my muscles had been given a “break” the week before during transition? I don’t know. I just know that I felt queasier this week than I had since around Week 2. Hopefully that means my muscles are confused and are working to get me in better shape. Hey, a girl can dream, right?
Thank you again for your continued support. I really do appreciate all of the kind words and comments you all leave. It means so much!